Bloxwich products were historically developed from at the Bell Lane site (Alexandra works), in the sheds of our hot drop forge: Barry Morris, Peter Lycett, Ken Titley, Dave Holmes, Barry Folkard were amongst our chief designers, their work still provides the basis of our products today.
The Bell Lane site was the home of the Squires Family who, in the mid 1970’s built a new building in Chase town. The Truck and Container division moved there from Hednesford and became the headquarters for their UK operation.
The Family continued to grow by building plants in South Africa and Asia, recently its forging operations have been extended to India.
Established in 1915 as Bloxwich Lock & Stamping Co and with a workforce of 900 at its peak. Bloxwich specialised in locking devices before diversifying into the automotive industry. For over a century, generations of families have worked in its foundry and on its presses.
Bloxwich Truck & Container remains under UK ownership. It is dedicated to the memory of its past workforce and supportive of its current staff, which it values highly. We thank them and all of our suppliers and numerous customers for their continuing support.
Want to know more about our history? To view our full company history document (also available in the downloads section) Click Here